A couple of years ago, I was hanging out with my friend when we were craving a snack + she had some riping avocados. And we all know what the best thing to make with ripe avocados is..
Gua. Ca. Mo. Le.
BUT — there was one ingredient she pulled out of the fridge that I’m still like NO EFFING WAY! over.. cause when you really think about it, it totally makes sense to add this, is so stinkin’ simple + absolutely is a guac-gamechanger.
And I will get to what the secret ingredient is, but just hear me out here.
Quite seriously, this is THE BEST GUACAMOLE I’ve ever had in my life. Even Travis, who isn’t the biggest fan of avocado ANYTHING is on board! It’s delicious on toast, tortilla chips or with veggies! It’s so flippin’ easy to make I’m pretty sure my friend’s five-year-old could make this.
Yep. That easy!
So how do you make it?!
- Get a bowl/container with a lid. This is important.
- Chop up some avocado — I used two in this recipe and it made about half of the container’s worth.
- Small chop some red onion. You can use white onion, but I prefer red.. do you though. Do you.
- I like tomatoes — so I chop them up and put those in there. I’d say one tomato for every two avocados is a pretty decent ratio. But again, do you.
- Cilantro. Hit or miss — I know — but it adds a great taste to this + I like it. If you don’t, don’t add it! It’s that simple.
- Okay.. here’s the big secret… SALSA!! A spoonful of salsa is the crazy little addition that ups my guac game!
That’s it. Mix all of that up and you’ve got guacamole that’s gonna win you “best dip” at that next party + FOR SURE gonna win over your M.I.L! OR toast some rye bread, throw on a spoonful of that, top with feta cheese, salt + pepper.. now THAT is an amazing snack right there!
Or, if you wanna be REAL fancy, top a salad or burger with it and wow your tastebuds!
If you try out this recipe + love it (or hate it! Whatever!) let me know in the comments or stalk me down on Instagram + DM me there.
And while you’re at it, enter my giveaway — find all of the deets here.