To answer your question, yes, the title is most definitely sung to the tune of the smashing 90’s hit, “Let’s Talk About Sex.” You’re welcome for getting that song stuck in your head, PS.
AND — let’s face it — if you know that song, you’re probably in need of a good evening moisturizer.
Becoming an Independent Distributor for SeneGence two years ago was quite possibly one of the best things to ever happen to me, both in the realm of skincare + life. It allowed me to combine so many of the things I already enjoyed doing + excelled at (writing, content creation, research) with things I had passion for (makeup, haircare, skincare).
Yes, you read that correctly. I really enjoy researching + learning new things, and as it goes, I love teaching what I’ve learned. For instance, did you know that your skin is the largest organ of your body? Taking care of our skin is just like eating when we’re hungry, or sleeping when we’re tired; we take care of our body so it’ll last longer.
That said, here are..
five reasons to take care of your skin!
- Click here if you want to see a bunch of blackheads + clogged pores. (I really recommend you don’t, and just take my word for it that it’s not something you’d want on your face!)
- We touch so many dirty, dirty things throughout the day + at some point or another, your fingers will indeed find their way to your face. So, yes, wash your face AND your hands thoroughly. And sanitize your cellphone every once in a while!
- If you’re acne prone, you’re probably using a salicylic acid based cleanser to keep your face clean — but news flash! That ‘acne cleanser’ is drying out your skin BIG TIME! Are you making sure to take the extra time to hydrate your skin after pulling all of the GOOD moisture out? Think about it.
- You’re shedding skin cells daily. Gross. I know. The cells you moisturized yesterday are not the same ones you’ll moisturize tomorrow. Using a good, gentle exfoliant twice weekly will help your skin’s natural process to help rid itself of old, dead/dying skin cells.
- An effective skincare routine can help you fight acne, reduce signs of aging (buh-bye wrinkles and age spots!), lessen the appearance of rosacea + even boost your confidence. I know, crazy right?! Walking around with zero blemishes like ‘you can’t touch this!’ — it’s possible!
This month in my VIP group I’ll be covering a ton of topics in the realm of skincare; detoxing your skin, shaving your face, figuring out your own skin type + more! If you’re not already part of the group, click here + join! You don’t wanna miss what I’m gonna be sharing.